Arcane Circle

Arcane Circle - Linda  Robertson This book picks up right after the last book which is a good thing since a big question was left about one of the characters. Luckily we get to know what happened quickly so we can then settle into the new adventure and deal with the consequences of the last.

We also find ourselves with Persephone's new internal struggle. She must decide if she can forgive her mother who wounded her physically and emotionally when she was a child. She struggles with that particular problem throughout the book and the resolution to this question feels genuine. She also has to help Johnny unlock his tattoos. The twists about that were unexpected and became an interesting surprise.

My biggest complaint was the Rege. He is the head honcho for the weres. His misogynic rantings and how he dealt with women was hard to deal with, but it works for a bad "guy". What my problem was is that Johnny was willing to work with him. Yes, I did get the politics, but I would assume that eventually the dom loup would trump the Rege. Even if it was a harder road to travel, I wouldn't think that Johnny would shy away from it.

I give this book 4 stars. I enjoyed the twists at the end and I'm looking forward to the next book which I have close by! YaY me! :)