Shatter Me

Shatter Me  - Tahereh Mafi, Kate Simses Audio review:

I've heard many people either love or hate the prose in this story. Some even fall in the middle. I have to say I enjoyed the prose, but I may have felt differently if I had read the story rather than listened to it. I understand this is a visual book with some of the words scratched out. There was a scratching sound for each sentence or word scratched out and it worked quite well. I wasn't so sure at first, but it just made sense for me.

I felt transported into this world through Juliette's eyes. In no means was this perfect as she frustrated me quite easily at times for being so naive. He background just didn't lend itself to that kind of naivety even if she is so young. Still, I did feel captivated in what was going on and what would happen next. I didn't want to leave the world to do ordinary things.

The narration by Kate Simses was well done and I enjoyed her voices. Her male voices worked for me and didn't feel too feminine for me to see the person in my mind. Her pacing was good and he really has Juliette's voice for me. I think I'll be hearing the rest of the books in audio with her as the narrator.

I give this book 4 stars. It's an interesting story with an interesting way of telling Juliette's POV. I think I would suggest to those that feel that the prose may cause them headaches to try the audio. You felt like you were really in Juliette's head.