The Demon's Daughter

The Demon's Daughter - Paula Altenburg I have to admit that I had a hard time at first really getting connected to the characters. Almost as if I was being held a bit back a bit while watching what was going on. However, I did get into the world building quite a bit. In fact, the world building was very good. This world helped me to connect to Airie about 1/4 of the way through. The connection stuck to the end of the book.

Hunter is also a character I struggled to connect with. I didn't quite get the same connection to him as I did Airie, but it was still pleasant enough and he was a good hero with this story. The secondary characters were also a good fit for this world and I enjoyed them as much. The connection there was not expected so I didn't struggle with those characters at all. The secondary characters really enhanced the primary characters, especially Blade (Hunter's bestie) and the women who work for Blade.

My biggest complaint came at the very ending. It felt a bit rushed and almost too saccharine, but yet still satisfied my need for an HEA. I give this bok 3 1/2 stars. I really recommend it for the world building and to those that like a fun PNR with some adventure. I would definitely read more books by this author.