Headed for Trouble

Headed for Trouble - Suzanne Brockmann This isn't actually a book for me... yet. This is a collection of stories, shorts, that give you a bit more insight to the characters in the Troubleshooters series. I haven't read them, but they are on my wishlist. I think that someone in the same predicament like me should hold off on reading this one, but go ahead and get it. Why? Because a lot of the stories happen early on in the series and you would have this book to fill in some of the gaps or just to enhance what you learned about them. There is a guide as to when these stories fit, so it is a perfect companion to reading the series. Unfortunately for those that haven't quite got to book 1 yet, it doesn't quite fit. You really do need at least some knowledge of the characters to really get into these shorts.

One thing I did discover while reading the shorts is that I do like the women in the stories. Often with romantic suspense the woman is a frail thing needing to be taken care of. While this isn't a horrible story, I tend to usually not like the women as much and they sometimes come off as whiny. In these stories often the women are working along side the men in covert operations or have their own case. These are women who could stand on their own and even save the men on occasion. I do think I will like that when I get into the stories.

I don't want to give the book stars (I'll stick with 3 for now. Since I did enjoy what I did "get"). I think I would better keep the book and reread it when I start up the series. I think that would give me a better handle on the stories within this book.