Ink

Ink - Amanda Sun Okay, I confess, I was totally taken in by the cover. How could you not? I just love the cherry blossoms running off on the side. Luckily, the cover brought me to this book which I thoroughly enjoyed. There were also some sketches drawn throughout the book which I didn't expect but enjoyed as well.

I also loved the fact that this book is set in contemporary Japan. I haven't read too many of these set in other countries so I was excited of getting into another culture. I have to say that the world building in this book was superb. I am now wanting to go to Japan to visit, especially when the cherry blossoms bloom. It all just sounds so beautiful.

Of course with this beauty comes the balance of the harsh paranormal happenings to both Katie and Tomohiro. We get to know Tomohiro's plight (which I will not reveal *evil laugh*) but we are still left questioning Katie's abilities or influence. This was the open thread left at the end of the book, which is fine with me as I don't mind some things being slowly revealed. In other words, no cliffies, just open threads.

My biggest complaint is how Katie and Tomohiro come together. Katie seems like someone who just needs to know his business regardless of the consequences. She stalks him and he ends up not minding it at all. Even though I didn't like this intro, I did like them together. I rooted for them both in the end.

I give this book 4 stars. If you want a book that will make you want to travel and enjoy an unusual paranormal problem, I suggest this book. I can't wait to see what else this book has in store.