Wisp of a Thing: A Novel of the Tufa

Wisp of a Thing: A Novel of the Tufa - Alex Bledsoe I had read the first book, The Hum and the Shiver, which surprised me. I really enjoyed that book and it was a different kind of paranormal story. While you could probably get into the story without reading the first book, I do not suggest it. There are some subtle background to this world you understand better if you read it in order. It makes this book flow better.

In this book we are thrown back into the Tufa world though the eyes of Rob Quillen who looks like a Tufa, but isn't connected to them by blood. Having been sent to the area in search of a song to heal a broken heart he finds much more than he bargained. He also finds that helping others helps the pain to be less severe. He also stumbles on a age old mystery that has held a community captive. We also find out that there are even more mysteries than we first thought and through the story it shows us where the mysteries lie and how to solve them. The only question left is if they will be brave enough to use the solution.

I give this book 4 stars. It is a good second book and I really enjoyed the dark ethereal world. Those that like unusual and inventive stories of the fae and music will really like this series.