Indelible

Indelible - Dawn Metcalf I must admit that this was a confusing world at the beginning of this book. You are sort of thrown into the world with Joy and had to feel your way around things. While this didn't really bother me, I also had to question how Joy was able to handle it so easily. Yes, she freaked out, but at the same time was able to trudge on ahead without much PTSD or thought. Even though I questioned this, it did not stop my enjoyment of the world.

There is also a budding romance in the works. I goes slowly so there is no insta-love here which I appreciated. Something so strange for both Joy and the fae, Ink, I would have had a problem if it went any faster than what was presented. However, even though I loved the way their feelings budded and grew slowly I don't think I was entirely convinced of the romance. I also have to say I wasn't unconvinced as well. :) I know that sounds confusing, but it really felt that they were still on the journey to discovering each other and I suspect I will become more convinced as the series progresses.

I give this book either 3.5 or 4 stars. It's sort of in between. I have a feeling that now that the world is established, the characters will start to shine even brighter as the adventure continues. I look forward to the next book in this series.