Conjured

Conjured - Sarah Beth Durst This book is frustrating. Now before I go further, let me explain that it is a good thing. :) You are supposed to be frustrated and a bit confused. You are following the protagonist, Eve and she is frustrated and confused. She has memory loss and is trying to feel her way, trying to figure out who she really is and why she is being protected by the witness protection program. Yes, those answers come, but it is only revealed when it is revealed to Eve.

There is also a surreal dreamlike quality to most of the book. Eve slips into dreams or visions and we aren't quite sure if it is real and pieces to a puzzle or just her fantasy. It does provide clues, but you are just uncertain as to exactly what those clues are.

In the end you are rewarded with answers and a clear understanding as to what is going on within this universe. Even a twist I didn't expect. It is odd, strange, and a bit convoluted as a paranormal carnival might be. It's dreamlike in it's ability and if you like these things, you won't be disappointed in this book. I give it 4 stars.