The Angel Stone

The Angel Stone - Juliet Dark, Carol Goodman I read the second book, The Water Witch but not the first. I did enjoy the second book and didn't feel too lost, so I decided to instead of reading that first book (which I still want to do...) but read the third when it came my way. The last book left me with a few questions so I don't mind going forward in this case instead of going backward. :)

I feel that the last 2 covers, while beautiful, are misleading. I was thinking each time that it was a big flowery PNR book, or even magical realism, but it really reads more UF to me. I mean there are those other elements to the book, but it still is filled with enough action I can safely say UF. Probably why I was complaining in the other review in this series that I should have read the first book. Most UF should be read in order.

I liked this installment much better than the last book. Didn't feel like it had a lot of plot holes of the last and the story felt much tighter. I enjoyed Callie's adventure much more than the romance, but I still did enjoy the romance. It felt like it came full circle despite my lack of knowledge of the first book (yes, I will get to it!). In the end I give this book 4 stars. I recommend it to those that enjoy PNR with a huge dose of UF as well.