Curtsies & Conspiracies

Curtsies & Conspiracies - Gail Carriger If you didn't already read the first book, Etiquette and Espionage, then stop right now and read that book. You will need to read it first before diving into this one. It builds on the first and I think it is best read in order. Otherwise, you will be stuck wondering who and what is going on instead of dealing with this twisted mystery.

This book like the last one had the same wonderful tongue-in-cheek flavor of the first. The same wonderfully ridiculous names still abound and even Bumbersnoot! (see, you need to read the first book if you don't know who that is!!) Sophronia is loving her time at the school, but in this one she starts looking toward the future in espionage and what she must do to secure a good job. She also is gaining the interest of 2 boys in particular. Yes, possible love triangle. Still, it doesn't overtake the story, but looks like it will gain prominence as the series continues.

I give this twisty steampunk mystery 4 1/2 stars. It's a fun second novel in this series and the main character, Sophronia, is a great hero to cheer... in a lady like way (of course). I can't wait for the next.