Unhinged

Unhinged - A.G. Howard Read and loved the first book, Splintered. I have to say that this is the first YA series where a triangle actually works. I think it works because there are 2 distinct sides of Alyssa and so each guy compliments that side well.

My biggest problem with this book is Alyssa. Oh she frustrated me for most of the book with her attitude toward Morpheus. Yes, he is exasperating, but everything he does is more like coyote of legend. He tricks her to get out of her own way and help her on her journey. He also seems more self sacrificing even when he is being selfish. It is an interesting combination and the reason he is my favorite complex character. At least Alyssa does learn from her mistakes in the end.

I do warn you of the ending. It is cliffie-ish. It does stop at a logical place, but still so much is left to be done. Seriously can't we have a 800+ pg book? I mean the Harry Potter series proved that kids can do that and so can older kids known as adults who enjoy this series. Gimmie all of the story! *sniff* Okay, off my soapbox. :)

I give this book 4 1/2 stars. Despite my frustrations with Alyssa, I found myself really enjoying my time here. This is, so far, my fave retelling of Alice in Wonderland.