Witch Rising

Witch Rising - Amber Argyle I have read the other 2 books in this series, Witch Song and Witch Born. I was surprised that this series went on as the other 2 books were complete. This novella is really a prequel to the upcoming Witch Fall and this really stars a whole new main character. Therefore you can start with this book if you wish and not be lost. Those that have read the other 2 books will find themselves in the same world.

Although this is very short, it really does introduce the new character, Lilette well. We understand what happened to her and how she was in the situation we find her in the upcoming Witch Fall. You don't need to read this one to fall into the new book, but I really recommend it as it does seem to really set the stage for the new book. These are the kind of novellas I do enjoy. The kind that give us insight to the story we are engaged.

I give this book 4 stars. I recommend the novella for those that are fans of this series and I recommend the series to those that enjoy a good witchy tale. :)