Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son - Debra Mullins This is an interesting PNR world in which you have people descended from Atlantis with powers. The blurb at the end of the book explains where she got the idea. There is a region in Basque area of Spain where the native tongue is different than any other. The legend goes that they are descended from Atlantis. I thought that tidbit was so interesting it actually put a different spin on things for me when reading the book. Almost so I would have put it at the beginning of the book. :)

I did enjoy this PNR for the most part, but I have to say that when Rafe and Cara, our couple, had problems I just didn't buy their arguments. They seemed petty and out of the blue in some cases. One would get mad at the stupidest of things or if it wasn't stupid, their heated reaction just seemed out of place. Perhaps it was just me, but it didn't feel like it was a part of their personalities but put in to create tension. Other than those episodes, the PNR read as it should when wanting a heated romance with an HEA.

I give this book 3 stars. I ended up having lots of questions about this world, but not so much it bothered me. I think that is because I felt those answers would come as the series progresses. I also feel that this is a series that could get stronger as it goes along. I am looking forward to the next book and I'm hoping it will have Rafe's sister Tess and Mr. Grey. I would expect lots of snark within that coupling. :)