Third Grave Dead Ahead

Third Grave Dead Ahead - Lorelei King, Darynda Jones Audio Review:

I love this series on audio. This is one of the few series I want to totally listen to exclusively on audio. Lorelei King's voice is my go to voice in my head for Charley and I can picture her so clearly in my head.

In this story Reyes has been bound and is haunting Charley every time she closes her eyes. Of course it isn't exactly unpleasant, but it doesn't nothing for serene rest. Still, it made me wonder why she wouldn't look forward to sleeping all the time instead of guzzling coffee to stay awake. I sometimes have to question her sanity. If I had dreams like that all the time, you'd call me sleeping beauty! ;) Anyhoo, in this story Charley gets a case which does need her attention and is hired by the guy she is sure "did it". She decides to do some digging which leads her to other curious insights. This case isn't as open and shut as she thought. Plus, Reyes has decided to come out of his silence with Charley and has her work on a case of his.

As with the other books things get much more complicated and dangerous then humanly possible. Good thing she isn't exactly human. Also, with the other books this one had me laughing more than once out loud. Good thing I wasn't in public when listening to the book. People would think I was off my nut... well, more than usual. ;) The ending has a lot of twists that I didn't expect and kept me guessing. I enjoyed the ending and especially with the addition of a certain new character that will help by being her guardian. Those that have already listened/read this book know who I'm talking about.

I give this book 4 1/2 stars. I do recommend trying this one or any in the series on audio just once. I think you will find that like me, you will be addicted to it on audio.