The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart

The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart - Leanna Renee Hieber As the first book hinged around the Portrait of Dorian Gray, this one also revolves around another horror tale, but to a much less degree. Still, the nod to the other horror book is unmistakeable. Not sure if I should share what story it revolves around because I'm not sure if it would be seen as a spoiler, but it is obvious within the book.

This book picks up where the last left off so I would say that you should read these books in order. I figured it would build upon the first book in the same way her other series, Strangely Beautiful, had done. I have to say that I enjoyed this one as much as I did the first. I do like this author's gothic romances. It is as dark as the first tale and still leaves you with questions in the end. No cliffies, but just knowing there is a continuation of the tale and an unfolding of the mystery of "The Society". A group of either people or demons with a horrifying agenda.

We also get introduced to more secondary characters in this book, Rev. Blessing and Rachel. Both unique in their own way and quite compelling as well. They are great compliments to our already known secondary characters whom we met in the first book. There is also a couple of hounds (greyhounds) we are briefly introduced but are based on real characters rescued by a friend of the author. Yea, I know... but I'm a sucker for a good dog character. LOL

I give this book 4 stars. If you like gothic tales based loosely on horror books (it's not too horrifying... I'm a wimp and had no problems), then I suggest this series. I'm curious as to what the next book aludes to in the horror genre.