Intrinsical

Intrinsical - Lani Woodland I've been wanting to read this one for a while now. This is one of the full stories included in this box set. There are others, but I thought I'd pick the last one in this group to see if I would like this one or not.

I did enjoy this story. I liked Yara, one who suddenly finds she is like her grandmother and can communicate with ghosts. Her family is also mysteriously tied into the school she is attending with her ghost hunting bestie. The "curse" of the school turns it's eyes toward Yara after a life saving incident and her awakened ability. Her abilities and what she learns about life and death may save or condemn more people.

I did like the characters. In fact, my fave character didn't even make an appearance physically in the book. Yara's grandmother is an integral part of her past and becomes the key in figuring things out. I do hope she makes an appearance in the other 2 books in this trilogy. I sympathized with Yara, but would have liked to seen more of her personality come through. Brent was frustrating to me at times because I just wanted him to be more genuine of his feelings, but I still liked him and rooted for him in the end.

I give this book 3 1/2 stars. I did enjoy the book and despite this being a trilogy, it can be read as a standalone. It is a complete book! I so enjoy that. I am looking forward to seeing a bit more of these characters in the next book.