Unwept

Unwept - Tracy Hickman, Laura Hickman This is book 1 of a trilogy. It is also a book I think people will love or hate. It has horror elements to it, but it really seems more of a twisty dark mystery to me. The main character is sympathetic but you want her to stand up for herself more, but it is understandable why she is that way throughout the book. The secondary characters are quite interesting but you probably won't figure out who is good or evil by the end. It is confusing there is a dark nightmarish quality about it. And just as you start to get some answers...

it ends.

Yes, that I why I think people will love or hate the book. I enjoyed it and really did like the writing. The ending however was another story. I think that it being only 272p. it could have added the next book onto this one. Make it a duology. :) But then I hate being left hanging in any way in a book. The ending isn't quite a cliffie nor is it too abrupt, but it keeps your answers just out of reach.

I give this one 3 1/2 stars. I am looking forward to the next book and I really do already want to read the third book as well. I hope that the next 2 covers rock as much as this one does. I recommend it to those that like a very dark twisty tale!