Cancel the Wedding

Cancel the Wedding - Carolyn Dingman This is a mystery book that does not solve a murder but solves the questions they always had of their mother's childhood and life before she met their father. When upon her death she asks them to scatter her ashes on a lake near her hometown and on a burial plot of an unknown person questions of Jane's life (the mother) arise. Olivia is escaping her life of marrying a person she is no longer in love and decides on the spot to investigate her mother's life. Her onery but lovable niece decides to also go along for a ride. While there she discovers more about her mother than she thought possible and also starts to find herself.

I don't want to give too much away but there is also romance within the pages. One that seems to be quick, but also makes sense. The mystery is engaging and you want to know as much as all the players. You enjoy peeling back layers of this woman's life.

I give this book 4 stars. It is a book of self-discovery through another woman's past. It is a great summer read and I recommend it to those that enjoy a different kind of mystery (with no murder), romance, and personal growth.