Dark Skye

Dark Skye - Kresley Cole I have read a few in this series and I have enjoyed those that I read. You can read them as a standalone as the main couple take the lead in the story. There is a story arc running through the series but you don't feel like you have no clue as to what is going on. The information is laid out so you don't feel lost. So if you want to try a book in the series, jump in. Don't be afraid. :)

I have to admit at the beginning I wasn't sure if I would end up liking Thronos. He was self-righteous and misogynistic. His world was black and white and he wanted Lanthe to change her ways to fit in this world. That alone would have made me go running but tragedies on both sides also added to their list of wrongdoings which led them to believe the other was enemy.

While both go through transformations the biggest was Thronos. I have no doubt you will feel as I did that he transforms himself into a swoon-worthy male. Lanthe is no slouch in the characterization area as I really did like her character. She knew when to compromise and more importantly, in this case, when not to compromise. She refused to be slut-shamed and gave as good as she got. She also was intelligent and brave. She learns to have more faith in herself. She also learned to trust.

I give this book 4 1/2 stars. I really enjoyed my time with this couple and actually wished the book was much longer. If you enjoy PNR I do suggest this series and especially this book. I do plan on going back to the first book and enjoy them all.