Talon by Julie Kagawa

Talon - Julie Kagawa

I'm a fan of Julie Kagawa so I couldn't wait to get this book! I was lucky enough to get it through the Goodreads First Reads program and I devoured this book pretty quickly. I liked the tension she had going throughout the book. I felt like I was on edge the whole time waiting for that other shoe to drop. Although sometimes I felt it was too much tension, it might have been me just wanting to get the bad part over. :)

I think my biggest complaint of the book is the love triangle. I think that this is more of a successful triangle than in her books in the past. Not completely sure who she will pick when before I was completely certain by the end of the first book. Still not a fan of this trope, but it didn't bother me so much that it drug me out of the story.

I would have also liked more worldbuilding. I especially want more with the dragons, but I think that will come as Ember learns more about her own kind. I am also curious about the secret society of the St. George group. I have a feeling learning about these two groups will throw us a few twists and turns as the series moves along.

I give this book 4 stars. I enjoyed my time here. It felt a bit formulaic, but entertaining nonetheless. I am looking forward to finding out more about this world and seeing how far Ember grows. I recommend it to those that enjoy YA PNR and dragons! :)