Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

Blue Lily, Lily Blue - Maggie Stiefvater

This is a must read book for the series. It is also a series that is designed to be read in order. For me, the newest edition to The Raven Cycle is sort of a middle book. However, I must note that it does not suffer from middle book syndrome. I call it a middle book because it moves the story along from where you were and lets you know that you are on the right path to where you are going. It gives a few answers and also creates a few questions. Yes, this is what middle books should strive to become.

The book starts off as a grey tone in that we are continuing from the last adventure and ends up quite dark and almost pitch black. The surprises in this book darken the storyline and a tissue or two might have to be had during this time. There is some light but it does not lighten the mood at all. The epilogue is a surprise to say the least and it will thrill you and anger you unless you have the next book at the ready. Right now I have a year to wait. *sobs*

I give this book 4 stars. I recommend it to those that love Stiefvater's writing as well as those that like a gripping YA adventure.