Whisper the Dead by Alyxandra Harvey

Whisper the Dead  - Alyxandra Harvey

I had a bit of a problem getting into this one because it is told with multi-POVs which kept confusing me. Now had I read it right after the first I probably wouldn't have kept confusing the characters. Now when the girls, Gretchen, Emma and Penelope, separate I had no problems what so ever with getting everyone straight. Those parts of the book really took off for me and I was quite enthralled. I believe that if I had reread the first book none of it would have confused me. So, I recommend a reread of the first for those that might feel a bit lost with multi-POVs. I didn't feel that way with the first book and I sincerely think I am to blame for the confusion.

What I did love about this book is that the author went deeper with the characters. I felt like I got to know many of the secondary characters much better in this installment. I also liked how the magic really adds to the plot within this story. I felt it was stronger here than in the first book.

I give this book 3 stars. It is a book with multi-POVs and a complex plot. I do suggest a reread of the first book or even reading it close to reading this one. Don't let that put you off of the book. I think you will find a rich world with great characters within the pages. I do warn that there is a cliffie but it didn't bother me too much knowing that this is a trilogy and the conclusion to the adventure is in sight.